Monday, September 22, 2008

Summer salad

This week is going to be a very busy time for me as my older daughter who is an aesthetic medicine practitioner is staging the 3rd annual Aesthetic Medicine Congress in South Africa. I work on a full time basis for her and her husband as an accountant. Being actively involved in the congress I will not have time for adding a full recipe this week.

I thought of giving an idea for a healthy summer salad - one which I love making whilst at our holiday home.

I mix together the following:

Mixed lettuce
Spring Onions - finely sliced
Baby tomotoes / Small cherry tomotoes
Finely sliced cucumber
Sliced butternut and sliced young asparagus - grilled in the oven coated with a little olive oil and left to cool down
Black olives
Feta cheese cubed
Sliced strawberries

Serve with your favourite salad dressing.

Very unusual and very tasty. Enjoy

I am currently experiencing problems on my blog and can not view the formating bar - luckilly my daughter and husband from the UK is visiting us next week and I know my son-in-law will be able to assist me with this problem. From next week I will be able to add photos of dishes made as well as photos of our holiday home and all the animals visiting us on a regular basis.

Have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

Ivy said...

Oh the anticipation of what is to come is too great! :)

Judy said...

The salad sounds wonderful. I agree with Ivy..I'm excited to see more. Just the thought of seeing the animals gives me goosebumps. It must be grand living where you do. It will be fun sharing.

The Vintage Kitten said...

That sounds lovely. I adore grilled asparagus. I must try this as Im sure it looks wonderfully colourful. A balsamic dressing would be nice particularly as there are strawberries in the salad too.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

WOW!
WHAT AN AMAZING COMBINATION... I MUST TO SAY THAT I NEVER BOUGTH SPARGUS BEFORE... AS I NEVER KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM... UNTIL NOW THAT IS! LOL
THANKS SO MUCH FOR A GREAT RECIPE!

I KNOW THAT I MUST SOUND A BIT "NOT QUITE THERE IN THE HEAD" LOL... BUT I WAS GOING TO ASK SWEET HANRY IF THE MOTHER LANGUAGE IN SOUTH AFRICA WAS ENGLISH... BECAUSE HER ENGLISH IS SPOT ON ... JUST AS YOURS!
UNFORTUNATELY MINE ISN`T AS GOOD... BUT I`M MAKING PROGRESS EVERYDAY!
SPECIALLY SINCE I STARTED BLOGGING...

BY THE WAY I WILL ADD YOU TO MY FAVORITES!
CAN`T WAIT TO SEE MORE YUMMY RECIPES... I NOW KNOW WHERE YOUR DD GOT HER WONDERFUL CULINARY SKILLS FROM! LOL

KISSES
DEBBIE MOSS

(FROM ENGLAND)

FancyHorse said...

Hello! I found your blog from Judy's of Brocante and Etc. Your recipes look delicious, and I look forward to seeing your pictures when you get that sorted out.
Yours, Nancy